Developing Healthy Habits at Home
- Children thrive with routine - whenever possible, have regular times for reading, dinner, homework, and play
- Limit screen time and avoid TVs and phones before bed
- Read to your kids and with your kids every day
- Be available to answer questions and offer assistance, but never do a child's homework for him or her
- Students need lots of fresh and new choices for reading - consider joining the public library and making it park of your weekly or biweekly routine
- Remember, children copy - if you read, they will read - if you eat a vegetable, they will eat a vegetable - if you go for a walk, they will go with you!
See links to the right for more resources.